Do you want to be sure your written communications are strong, clear, concise and free of errors?
We can edit and proofread anything you write.
Recently, we’ve helped:
- Insurance companies to simplify policy booklets
- Financial firms to remove jargon from their websites
- Banks to write mortgage-arrears letters for their customers
- Consumer agencies to edit information leaflets for the public
- Universities to edit prospectuses and website content
If you ask us to edit a document, we will ask you to identify your objectives and target readership. Based on this information, we will:
- Consider the needs and levels of understanding of the intended readers
- Assess it for clarity and brevity
- Make any necessary changes to the structure and language
- Check it is written and presented in a consistent style and tone of voice
- Ensure it uses grammar and punctuation correctly
Do you need a ‘plain English makeover’? Or is a ‘light touch’ edit going to be enough?
We help you to work out what you need – focusing on your objectives and target audience. We then make all the changes required to ensure you reach your main audiences – from ‘tidying up’ wording to re-writing whole sections.
A fresh eye is always useful before you send a document to the printers to avoid that ‘aaaggh’ moment when you see a typo in a report after it’s been published or in a letter after it’s been sent to hundreds of customers.
We check for correct and consistent:
- Use of English
- Style of numbers and dates
- Formatting (headings, italics etc)
- Table of contents
- Page / section numbering
- Contact information
Organisations we have provided editing and proofreading for include:
See a complete client list
It is important to us that our written communications are clear and easily understood so that customers are informed and get the message quickly and easily.We have engaged Sarah and her team a number of times over the past few years to review letters, documents and also our website content.
They deliver a very professional service, and have been helpful and flexible, often offering a number of suggested options for proposed amendments which demonstrates a true interest in their work. I would recommend Plain English Ireland – they are a pleasure to work with.
– Patricia Dardis, Head of Compliance & Operational Risk
Read more testimonials