Do you want to be sure your written communications are strong, clear, concise and free of errors?
We can edit and proofread anything you write.
Recently, we’ve helped:
- Insurance companies to simplify policy booklets
- A transport company to use plain English in safety standards
- Financial firms to remove jargon from their websites
- Banks to write mortgage-arrears letters for their customers
- Consumer agencies to edit information leaflets for the public
- Universities to edit prospectuses and website content
If you ask us to edit a document, we will:
- Consider your objectives and intended readers
- Assess it for clarity and brevity
- Make any necessary changes to the structure and language
- Check it is written and presented in a consistent style and tone of voice
- Ensure it uses grammar and punctuation correctly
- Use ‘track changes’ in MS Word, so you can decide whether to accept or reject our suggestions
Is a ‘light touch’ edit going to be enough? Or do you need a plain English makeover?
We help you to work out what you need – focusing on your objectives and target audience. We then make all the changes required to ensure you reach your main audiences – from ‘tidying up’ wording to re-writing whole sections.
A fresh eye is always useful before you send a document to the printers to avoid that ‘aaaggh’ moment when you see a typo in a report after it’s been published or in an email after it’s been sent to hundreds of customers.
We check for correct and consistent:
- Use of English
- Style of numbers and dates
- Formatting (headings, italics etc)
- Table of contents
- Page / section numbering
- Contact information