- BT cut customer queries by 25% by using plain English
- Cardiff City Council introduced a plain English guide for staff because badly written letters cost it £120,000 a year
What is plain English?
A communication is in plain English if its wording, structure, and design are so clear that the intended readers can easily find what they need, understand it and use it (as defined by the journal Clarity.)
How can we help you?
1. Training courses We train you to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with customers in letters, emails, websites, product brochures and more.
2. Editing and proofreading Do you want to feel confident that your customer communications are clear, concise, correct and user-friendly? We can edit and re-write to give everything you publish a 'plain English' makeover.
3. Plain English quality mark Would you like a quality mark to show your customers that you value clarity – and that you want to help them to understand all your letters, leaflets and website? Contact us for more details.
4. Style guide This is an essential tool for any organisation which wants to achieve a consistent style and tone of voice for written material.
Get in touch to find out more
- Complete an online form
- Phone: 086 392 7970
NEWS: International Plain Language Day is 13 October 2013 - What will you do?